At Greenspring we believe in venture capital's ability to propel innovation, job creation and positive societal change. We celebrate those who think differently, take measured risk and challenge perceptions. Here's what's trending in VC this week:
- "Our use cases are these in-between moments. Now more than ever, that use case is still present." Exciting news as Greenspring direct investment Quibi launched its mobile streaming service, offering a much needed respite from the global pandemic. Read more here.
- We are pleased to announce that Greenspring co-led enterprise data storage and management platform Cohesity's $250 million Series E financing alongside Greenspring primary managers Foundation Capital and Wing!
- OctoML, a platform that leverages machine learning to optimize, benchmark and package machine learning models to more efficiently run on different types of hardware, has raised $15 million in Series A financing led by Greenspring primary manager Amplify Partners.
- We are excited to congratulate Greenspring primary manager Mayfield on raising $750 million across two new funds! Managing Director and Greenspring Industry Advisory Board Member, Navin Chaddha, unpacks their investment strategy and reflects upon Mayfield's journey over the last decade through industry ups and downs, and how it's shaped them into where they are today in this great read.
- Neil Sequeira, Co-Founder of Greenspring primary manager Defy, caught up with TechCrunch to discuss Defy's portfolio, his views on funding founders without in-person interactions and whether he sees valuations coming down. Read the full Q&A here.
- Greenspring direct investments UiPath, Yieldstreet, Salsify and UserTesting were named to The Americas' Fastest Growing Companies 2020 list! See the full list here.
- As a Baltimore-based firm, we are proud of the achievements made by our local businesses, hospitals and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Baltimore distillery Sagamore Spirit partnered to manufacture hand sanitizer for use within the Hopkins Health System. Read more on the partnership here.
- As mobile and web-based communications become more ubiquitous, Greenspring direct investment Fuze has seen a surge of 400% in video users. Fuze also combined their unified communications and contact center solutions to provide more seamless support and administration. More here.
- Check out this awesome video of Greenspring direct investment Rocket Lab's mid-air recovery demonstration of an Electron test article, successfully completed in early 2020!
- Exciting news from Greenspring direct investment RigUp, which announced their pilot program to provide access to free digital COVID-19 screenings to RigUp workers at select jobs in Texas, ensuring that their workforce remains safe and healthy while performing critical infrastructure projects.
During this time of uncertainty, we at Greenspring Associates find it imperative to remember our mission and purpose so that we can concentrate on being the best partners to our Limited Partners, General Partners, portfolio companies and colleagues. While ultimately we are capitalists, focused on generating the best returns for our investors, our vision is to create a better world by financing the global innovation economy - never more reinforcing than in times like these, when things all around us seems to be falling apart. Read more in our full blog post sharing the compassion and outpouring of effort we are seeing among our LPs, GPs and portfolio companies as they contribute to humanity and work to do their part to help during the pandemic.
The content here is for informational purposes only and should NOT be taken as legal, business, tax, or investment advice. It does NOT constitute an offer or solicitation to purchase any investment or a recommendation to buy or sell a security. In fact, the content is not directed to any investor or potential investor and may not be used to evaluate or make any investment.