At Greenspring we believe in venture capital's ability to propel innovation, job creation and positive societal change. We celebrate those who think differently, take measured risk and challenge perceptions. Here's what's trending in VC this week:
- Great news from Everlywell, an at-home testing company backed by Greenspring primary manager Goodwater Capital, which announced that their new COVID-19 kit will be available to consumers starting March 23rd. Read more on the process and how it works here.
- The transition to remote work can be hard, especially with so much happening around us. Cloud-based telecommunications platform and Greenspring direct investment Fuze has put together several resources to help you navigate working from home successfully.
- Congratulations to Greenspring direct investment Rocket Lab, which announced this week that its Electron launch vehicle received Category 1 certification from NASA. Read more about what this positive development means for the company here.
- Gym goers are rethinking how they get their fitness in due to coronavirus concerns, including investing in at-home equipment such as Greenspring primary manager True Ventures-backed Peloton. Read more on how exercise systems are trending as social changes around the virus develop.
- The trailer for Reno 911! from Greenspring direct investment Quibi is here! Check out their plans for the show's revival and watch the new trailer now.
- Nicole Quinn of Greenspring primary manager Lightspeed Venture Partners sits down with Jason Calacanis of Greenspring primary manager Launch to discuss the benefits of celebrity founders, insights on investing in consumer & the power of "Force of Nature" product people. They also discuss the importance of the LP relationship and how Greenspring provided Launch with its first institutional capital. Watch the full episode here.
- Check out this great feature on Ron Gula, Co-Founder of Maryland-based and Greenspring primary manager Accel-backed cybersecurity company Tenable! You can read the full interview here.
- Huge congrats to Greenspring direct investments Canva, Roblox and TripActions on being named to Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies of 2020 list!
- Who do they call? Tech companies! Top tech companies are being tapped by the White House to help with the coronavirus crisis, convening at the White House to discuss how Washington can coordinate with Silicon Valley to respond to the effects of the virus. Learn more here.
- We are excited to congratulate Greenspring direct investments Policygenius, TripActions, Grove Collaborative, RigUp, Yieldstreet, The RealReal and Outdoorsy on being named among America's Best Startup Employers by Forbes. Grab the full list here.
Did you catch our recent blog post in celebration of International Women's Day? We had the honor of highlighting seven underlying Greenspring Associates investments made by women in innovative companies run by women. You can read the full post here.
The content here is for informational purposes only and should NOT be taken as legal, business, tax, or investment advice. It does NOT constitute an offer or solicitation to purchase any investment or a recommendation to buy or sell a security. In fact, the content is not directed to any investor or potential investor and may not be used to evaluate or make any investment.