At Greenspring we believe in venture capital's ability to propel innovation, job creation and positive societal change. We celebrate those who think differently, take measured risk and challenge perceptions. Here's what's trending in VC this week:
We are pleased to share our recent investment in Workyard.
Workyard, founded in 2015 and based in San Mateo, California, is a workforce platform designed to simplify staffing, time management, payroll and insurance for construction contractors and their employees. The Company’s specialized solution helps construction companies find skilled tradesmen, tracks time, location and employee hours and automates payroll, as well as offering pay-as-you-go insurance that includes workers' comp, non-owned auto, general liability and employment practice coverage. In addition to driving rapid worker recruitment and hiring, Workyard ensures compliance through services like W2 onboarding and termination, background checks, adherence to overtime regulation and payroll tax filing.
- Congratulations to Greenspring portfolio companies MoneyLion and Stash on being named to the Forbes Fintech 50 list!
- Greenspring primary managers Accel and Lightspeed Venture Partners were named finalists for the NVCA’s 2020 Venture Firm of the Year! The winner will be announced at their March 12th Leadership Gala.
- Congrats to Greenspring portfolio company Xometry on their partnership with 3D Design and Engineering software company Dassault Systèmes! Read more on how this partnership reduces the gap between design and manufacturing here.
- Have you checked out Greenspring portfolio company Socio yet? We leveraged their easy-to-use platform to create a customized and fully branded event app for our recent Annual Meeting. They also recently announced the launch of 24/5 customer service support to enhance their already industry-leading response time of less than 5 minutes.
- Greenspring portfolio company Baffle debuted Baffle Data-Centric File Protection, the first service of its kind securing sensitive data inside files that organizations use for business intelligence and analytics. Read more about the news here.
- “I believe that space exploration and development will help us fix Earth’s problems.” Tess Hatch of Greenspring primary manager Bessemer Venture Partners discusses her personal mission in investing in space and deep tech in this great Q&A here.
- Huge congratulations to Greenspring portfolio company Rocket Lab on being awarded a contract to launch a satellite to the moon on behalf of NASA to prepare for the future Gateway space station. Read more about their exciting news here.
- Greenspring portfolio company YieldStreet announced a partnership with BlackRock to create a new fund that provides investors with access to a variety of alternative investments. Read more on the partnership in this article.
Huge thanks to all who attended our 20th Annual Meeting this month in Deer Valley. For those unable to attend, we look forward to sharing content on our blog and social media channels over the coming weeks. We are also excited to share our Investment Insights on the role of venture capital in institutional portfolios in the annual Pensions & Investments newspaper's Top 1,000 Issue, featuring our Managing General Partner Jim Lim!
The content here is for informational purposes only and should NOT be taken as legal, business, tax, or investment advice. It does NOT constitute an offer or solicitation to purchase any investment or a recommendation to buy or sell a security. In fact, the content is not directed to any investor or potential investor and may not be used to evaluate or make any investment.